We’d like to introduce Drac Logistics in this week’s Tenant Tuesday feature at The Hub.
Who are they?
Drac Logistics are a Freight Forwarding Company awho offer import, export & cross-trade services via road, air and sea. The company have 4 offices: Stone, Manchester, Birmingham and here in Falkirk at The Hub within one of our office suites. The services they offer are available for around the world and for both individual clients and businesses alike from a variety of industries.
Drac deploy advanced IT solutions in offering a global track and trace service with direct links to customers proprietary systems.
They offer a range of air freight services to meet an array of import and export services. With four different routes available, Drac can be flexible and work with you to meet your requirements. If you have an urgent shipment to made they offer their quickest freight service; whereas if you are on a tight budget they offer a lower priced consolidated air service. If the price for air is too expensive for your budget they can also look at a combination of air and sea to get you to best possible price.
The approach adopted by Drac for freight management is based on integrating Drac Tracks technology with Vendor Compliance, Purchasing, Order Management and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting. Vendor compliance includes an overview of the supply chain along with other specific considerations including the terms of purchase and order and logistics procedures. Drac Tracks functionality provides a host of benefits such as purchase order confirmation, order progress reporting, bookings, receipts, document notification, and commercial invoice reconciliation
Their service offering regarding project cargo includes the following:
- Feasibility studies
- Route surveys
- Supply chain consultancy and network optimisation
- Export packaging and quality inspections
- Export and import customs and border control formalities
- Air freight and sea freight transportation of all cargo sizes including over dimensional movements
- Off-site receipt and delivery to project site
As well as air freight, they offer a range of services for sea shipment. There is a variety of different carriers to meet your required transit times, more information of which can be found here.
Ensuring an effective supply chain is vital to all business models so Drac can help with the management of this if you don’t have the technical ability or time in house to do it. Drac would start this process with a supply chain audit which is fundamental to gaining a full understanding of the business and its logistics requirements.
The outcome of the audit would be focused on:
- Network designs
- Process map to eliminate non value-added tasks
- Information management integration to remove process duplication and bridge information gaps
Following on from the initial audit and implementation of identified improvements, further supply chain reviews would then be arranged.
Although Drac can ship a large variety of goods they have key specialisms in a few areas. This includes:
- Vehicle exports: Drac are one of Europe’s leading vehicle exports and logistics providers, responsible for the planning, transport, secure loading and shipment of new and used vehicles worldwide.
- Breakbulk Cargo: These are not loaded in standard containers or bulk carriers, but loaded direct to the vessel in packaging such as drums, barrels etc.
- Food exports & imports The UK food export market was worth over €12 billion to the UK economy during 2012. Whilst whisky, confectionery, dairy produce, seafood and meat are the main products shipped broad, many more items are exported, from both large manufacturers and cottage industries. Drac is involved in the export of both seasonal and non-seasonal produce, including the provision of freight management services to cereal manufacturers
- Recycled commodities: Drac works with clients in the recycling industry to arrange shipments from the UK, Ireland and Europe of commodities such as metals, paper, plastics, garments and used IT equipment to world-wide destinations.
All of our office suites within The Hub are full but if you would like to be put on the waiting list more details are found on our website.